From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Science Fiction In Music
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:04:30 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Edmunds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 8:47 PM

> Although the music mentioned certainly has sf/f themes, I don't think
that's
> the sole basis of the music itself. Sure some may be quite literally 100%
> influenced by sf/f, but I think (I hesitate to use the word majority) some
> of that music might just be music, and the whole sf/f themes or influences
> thing may just be wishful thinking. This is just my opinion though...

No No NO.......Its a perfectly valid point.
A point similar to discussions I have been involved in many times over the
years.
There is a gray area where themes may seem to be implied, yet not explicitly
stated.
The examples I gave are ones where the theme is either explicit in the
lyrics, or verified in some other way by the creator(s). (Such as in liner
notes or in interviews)

This by itself can be voluminous discussion.<G>

xponent
You Are Helpful Actually Maru
rob

Ok that cleared things up a little.

-Travis "some more suggestions later" Edmunds