At 11:59 AM 12/23/2003, you wrote:

From: Kevin Tarr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Science Fiction In Music
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:26:08 -0500

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but you'd have to carry a lot of water to say you are "the" (sorry Nick) resident music freak.

Well I'm a newbie here. So I guess I'll start carrying some water.
(btw, the "confrontational" thing...don't worry about it. Let me have whatever you can dish out if you feel so inclined. I simply enjoy discussion)

<smiling> seriously, I didn't mean it that way. As I said, it was one comment that I didn't want to let go, my fault. And I'm not saying I'm anywhere near the level that others are. I know my little realm of music, but over a larger area I'm lost.

Would the themes of Boston's first three albums qualify? Only one or two songs were SFish, but they had the cover art.

Not to sound confrontational, but you're answering your own question by saying that "only one or
two songs were SFish". And of course the cover art is well known.<lol> Sorry, I'm not trying to be an idiot. I come off a little abrasive at times.

Iron Madien also has Stranger in a Strange Land and To Tame A Land (about Dune). Not fantasy DnD at all.

My comments on Maiden were very generalized. In that sense they are very D&D.

I was only pointing these songs out because they are directly about two books.

OH! Just thought of this Rob. On Bucketheads album "Monsters and Robots" (SF related in the title alone) he samples R2-D2 (Star Wars) in one of his songs. Thought you might like to know.

-Travis "trying to think of the song title" Edmunds

Kevin T. - VRWC
Now I'm going to bed