At 01:37 AM 12/25/2003, you wrote:
Gautam wrote:

If the Washington Post wants to say that something wrong
happened here, I'll get upset.  Since so far they're
said that there is no story here, that's what I believe.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13397-2003Dec18.html

"This extraordinary internal audit suggests that Halliburton had been previously warned by its own auditors that it was overcharging for the fuel but apparently ignored these important warnings and continued to charge the federal government inflated prices," he wrote."

--
Doug

Nice deflection. Who, exactly, is the "he", in the statement above ending "he wrote"? Is it the Halliburton internal auditor? Well, the way the statement reads it shouldn't be. Is it the government defense auditor? That seems most likely, a person not working for the company wrote this; but that'd be false too. The he in the above statement is none other than Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (D-Conn.) in a letter to Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld.

Two things, because I have to go. How is importing gas from Turkey cheaper? On a strict price basis, 117 is less than 227, but is it safer, shorter, less manpower/equipment needed? Should the government auditor be fired or prosecuted for revealing internal documents?

Kevin T. - VRWC