----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Edmunds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: Reviews for Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ"

> >From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: Reviews for Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ"
> >Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:45:06 -0600

Well Travis.......one can make up from whole cloth any kind of
definition one wants to, but the problem is that there is already a
fairly decent and contemporary definition for the word.

My problem with the specific form of moral relativism that you seem to
be wielding ATM is that you take a position so extreme that all the
meaning *to* and definition *of* the concept of evil is reduced to a
single point on the horizon simply because you distance yourself from
the entire moral principle that defines the spectrum of behavior in
that regard.

Now, moral relativism is a very useful concept, but as in all things
it is only useful when used moderately. Too much of it explodes the
argument one tries too make into nonsense. This is exactly the same
effect when one makes adamantine black and white arguments. There are
just too many counterexamples that destroy such a stance.

The zennish attitude that nothing really matters is the purest crock
of crap in existence. Some things *do* matter. Some things *do* make a
difference.
And if you are gazing at your navel, you are not exploring the inner
or outer universe, you are daydreaming a false dream in exactly the
same false way ancient Greeks did when they thought they could deduce
the nature of reality by pure reason.

xponent
Plato Or Socrates? Maru
rob