In a message dated 2/4/2004 9:06:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Anyone care to make a wager on whether or not Mel Gibson will portray some
> Jews as being against Jesus' death in the movie?   I can
> guarantee that he
> has done so.

We will see. It will depend on the overall characterization of the jews. It will not
be enough to portray his followers (all jews) sympathetically it will depend on
avoidance of what are historically defined anti-semitic stereotypes. My only concern
is the way he has gone about defending himself even before there were any real
questions.