Bryon wrote:

Putting my concerns that the road to nationwide acceptance will be a rocky one aside, it's fun to think that barring some last-minute legal maneuvering, Massachusetts is likely to become the wedding capital of the US starting in May, when gay marriages are legalized here. (I'm presuming all those gay couples who have been unofficially married and waiting for this day to come for a long time, will find it very tempting to make a trip up here to MA and make it official.)

Or out here in S.F. where I believe it will require a court decision to nullify the recent same sex marriages taking place over the last few days. The gay side will use the state constitution's equal protection clause to try to make their case.

I guess the timing is a bit problematic, but you know what; this is long overdue. It's time our morals evolve to accept the fact that people that are predisposed to be attracted to members of the same sex should not be persecuted or denied basic rights. The arguments against same sex partnerships are inane and bigoted.

Just what is the threat to society?

--
Doug