The gay marriage debate has caused me to reconsider government sponsorship of
straight marriage.

Marriage is a religious concept and government laws about _per se_ marriage
violate the no-establishment clause.

Government does need to regulate child custody, inheritance and so forth.
Therefore, I favor civil recognition of domestic partnerships and government
agnosticism about marriage.  Domestic partnership laws should further the
interests of the commonwealth.

Now the question remains, is government legitimation of homosexual domestic
partnerships in the interest of the commonwealth or not....