Tom Beck wrote:
>It's the word "marriage" that appears to have some mystical,
>totemic meaning for some lamebrained lazyminded easily stampeded
>credulous dolts (i.e., most of the American public).

Well, add me to list of dolts then, Tom.  I find myself in that very boat; I believe
gays should have the right to official unions.  Hell, why shouldn't *they* have to
have the prospect of giving up half their stuff and arguing over who gets the coffee
table if they break up same as straight people?  :)  Not to mention my sister is gay,
and she and her girlfriend have been together for some seven to eight years, and if
that's what she wants, that what I want for her.

But the idea of calling it "marriage" does make me uncomfortable on some vague level I
can't really explain.  Product of my environment, I suppose.  If it makes me a dolt
that 36 years of being told that marriage is between a man and a woman isn't easy to
just shrug off, so be it.

Jim
Gay divorce is sure to follow Maru