On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 01:32:45PM -0600, Dan Minette wrote:

> Read what he wrote that was unacceptable to you.  He literally said he
> had no right to impose his feelings, but that wasn't good enough for
> you.

You're the one that needs to read more carefully. This is what I was
concerned about:

Jim:
> Not to +mention my sister is gay, and she and her girlfriend have been
> together for +some seven to eight years, and if that's what she wants,
> that what I want for +her.

> But the idea of calling it "marriage" does make me uncomfortable on
> some vague +level I can't really explain.  Product of my environment, I
> suppose.

The implication here is pretty strong: the sister can live with her
girlfriend, but if she calls it marriage, then that could be a problem.

Dan again:
> I think you and I have quite different definitions of rationality.

I don't. But I think you have mental blocks about your occasional
irrationality.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/