From: Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:47:25 -0800 (PST)

> Really? I think that brings up an interesting
> question. Do you think Nirvana
> "rocked"?

At the time obviously I did, but as my tastes became
more discriminating, and I was exposed to a greater
variety of music (primarily in my senior year andin
college) I found them lacking (what you call melodic
and beautiful I call no talent using the only cords
they knew!).

<lol> Each to his own.

> It obvious that you seek a message within music. Now
> I'm not sure to what
> extent you seek it, but is that your main focus when
> it comes to music? Just
> an honest question.

No, but when you you use that sort of methodology I
think trying to convey a message should be the
objective, not the methodology itself. Its sort of
like using violence in movies for the sake of
violence. I don't know if I can articulate any better
than that...

Ok thanks. I understand your position better now.

> And just to counterpoint you a little, I don't think > that Nirvana > necessarily catered to teenagers of that time. I > think that it just so > happened that teenagers for the most part identified > with their music.

Perhaps, but then I also remember it was an MTV Buzz
Clip, which for me symbolized all that is wrong with
the Corporate Music Industry.

Damon.

What!?!?!? Why you......just kidding.

-Travis "will make a note of Damon not liking Nirvana for future reference" Edmunds