From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:14:15 -0600

Highway Star and Communication
> >Breakdown (Led Zep) are probably the two most important songs in
the
> >history of Metal.
>
> There must BE a Communication Breakdown here!! Do you honestly >mean
that?

Absofreekinlutely........You have no idea how influential that one
song was at the time. It spawned tonnes of music that were basicly
attempts to capture the same energy and sound.
It was one of those wierd phenamena where every garage band could
sorta play the song, but very few could really capture the feel of the
song itself

I fail to see the importance of that song. I really do.

> -Kansas

Not as popular as they should have been. Icarus, Borne On Wings Of
Steel is one of my favorite songs ever.

Yeah, they were ahead of their time. I think that's what held em back. But on to "Icarus". It's a good song, but one of your favorites? What about some other Kansas tunes like "Glimpse Of Home", "Loner", or "The Pinnacle"?

> -Rolling Stones

In a holding pattern since 1971.

No comment.

> -Jethro Tull

Totally awesome band who's concerts were note perfect every time I saw
them.

You saw them?! That's pretty neat.

You forgot Genesis

Phil is annoying to no end. And I dislike some of the religious overtures.

Queen

I like them. Brian May is one of my favorite guitarists. And of course Freddie was a very talented vocalist.

Golden Earring

Certainly not to be overlooked. Though I must say that White Lion did a better job on "Radar Love" than Earring did!!

Supertramp

Blah.

10CC

Who?

David Bowie

Amazing artist. More influential than one may think.

Rush

Very solid band.

Aerosmith

One of the greatest Rock bandsever. Tyler is an amazing vocalist.

Kiss

I loathe Kiss. But apparantly thay had a great live show (one of the best) and they were very influential.

Steve Miller

Decent.

Chicago

I like Chicago.

Thin Lizzy

Awesome band.

Edgar Winter

Ah....ok.

Jonny Winter

Is he related to Tommy Summer?

Bad Company

So, so.

Foghat

I like em.

Foreigner

I saw Foreigner in 97 I think. Great show. Only poor old Lou looked about 100 years old. I caught Micks guitar pick when he threw it out into the crowd.

Lynard Skynard

I love Skynard. Also seen them in 97. The bass player nearly spit on me!

Peter Frampton

Also saw Frampton in 97 (same show). But I can't stand him. He's so overrated because he uses a voice box. "WOW!!! He can make his guitar talk!!!!!!" Please....

Humble Pie,

30 Days In The Hole? If so, good song.

Yes, Robin Trower, Yes, Roxy Music, Yes, Kraftwerk, Yes,

Ah...

Bob Seger

I only like "Against The Wind"

Black Sabbath

Oh yeah!!! You wanna talk Metal influence? There ya go.

T-Rex

Short lived, yet decent.

Allman Brothers

Nah.

Horslips

Heard of, I think, but never heard.

BTO

Solid band. Randy can play.

ELO

Not my style.

Yes, Tower Of Power, Yes, Al Stewart

Huh

Billy Joel

Love his music.

Cat Stevens

Nah

Elton John

Beautiful music.

Fleetwood Mac

Talented, but not my style.

The Who

Oh yeah!

Grateful Dead

Not the worst

The Band

Take a load off......decent.

Yes, Pure Prairie League, Yes,
Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Yes, Head East, Yes,

Wha?

The Eagles

I like 'em.

, Yes, Be
Bop Deluxe, Yes, Grand Funk Railroad, Yes, The Kinks, Yes, The Tubes,
Yes,

Nah

Pat Benatar

Saw her as well. Her husband is an amazing guitarist!

Yes, Steely Dan, Yes, Kayak,

Steely Dan....nah Kayak????

ZZ Top

Good stuff