--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 03:38:32PM -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:
>
> > You know, I'm a little touchy about this right now.  Maybe I
shouldn't
> > be, but I am.
>
> Funny, the comment didn't even register on me. Most of it is
because I
> don't pay a lot of attention to Jane's posts anyway since the S/N
is so
> low, but also, what a ludicrous thing for a person who has never met
> me to write. Incidentally, my BMI is 22 kg/m^2, which is well within
> the healthy range of 20 - 25.

Wrong again E-Rich (TLN)

Two people can have the same BMI, but a different percent body fat. A
person with adiquate muscle mass and a low percent body fat may have
the same BMI as a person who has a lot of body fat because BMI is
calculated using weight and height only. It also doesn't take into
consideration body type, bone dencity etc. So someone can be fat and
still have a BMI of "normal". A naturaly skinny guy with a big head
and a big tummy for instnace. AFAIK BMI was developed mainly for
children and is not so usefull for those who have passed puberty.

Of course, BMI has nothing at all to do with performance, so maybe
BMI is a good mesure for you. We simplply don't have the information
at hand, so how could we say?

Are you left handed or right handed E-Rich?