Jan Coffey wrote:

> Two people can have the same BMI, but a different percent body fat. A
> person with adiquate muscle mass and a low percent body fat may have
> the same BMI as a person who has a lot of body fat because BMI is
> calculated using weight and height only.

In fact, I have had the same BMI at a time when I was woefully out of
shape as I had a few years later when I'd gotten into the best shape of
my life, because I'd lost as much fat weight as I had gained muscle
weight.  :)

Now, I haven't lost any weight in the past couple of months, but I'm
probably in slightly better shape from having bulked up some muscles
here and there, most notably in my arms.  Still have some ways to go,
though.

        Julia