Erik wrote...
> Hmmmm. I didn't know there was a SG spinoff coming. But if it
> is typical Sci-Fi channel fare, then I doubt it will be worth
> watching. I wonder how much longer the original will stick
> around, and whether it will go down hill...

Oops, sorry if I included a spoiler in my last post. * There are no SG-1
season finale spoilers below....*

I also fear that the original series will go downhill, especially with
Richard Dean Anderson's role being greatly diminished. I read an article
a few months ago that said Richard Dean Anderson would still be on the
series, but in a greatly diminished role so that he could spend more
time with his family. The same article said that Stargate: Atlantis was
geared more toward the younger audience than SG-1 currently has and is
using younger actors and more action oriented storylines, not to mention
the T&A factor to a greater degree than SG-1 did. Unfortunately, I can't
find that article again, but here is an excerpt from the Sci-Fi channel
website and a couple of links:

>From Sci-Fi Channel website....
SCI FI Channel and MGM Television Entertainment have reached an
agreement to extend MGM's "Stargate" brand with a new series for the
Channel. Production on 20 one-hour episodes of Stargate Atlantis, a
weekly series based on the popular "Stargate" franchise, will begin in
early 2004. Stargate Atlantis is slated to premiere in Summer '04, in
tandem with the Season Eight launch of Stargate SG-1, exclusively on SCI
FI.

Complete article.....
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

IMDB....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374455/

I did notice that Dr. Elizabeth Weir is being played by Jessica Steen on
SG-1, but that character is being played by someone else in SG:Atlantis.

Gary