Dan said:

 The best explaination of what space and time actually are is given
 in the Critique of Pure Reason.  Briefly put, space and time are
 the a priori forms of our intuition.

But what is intuition if not a process operating through time?

Rich

But isn't our intuition wrong--or perhaps it would be better to say that our intuition does not prepare us to study quantum mechanics and relativity? It's true that brains that have our intuitions of space and time tend to help the selfish genes that program them replicate themselves. But "fitness" is not the same thing as "truth"...