On 8 Aug 2004, at 11:17 pm, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

At 04:51 PM 8/8/04, William T Goodall wrote:

LOL. I'm surprised you're surprised. The only logical outcome of thinking about religion is atheism

Not necessarily.

Yes, necessarily.

No. I will agree with the assertion that the only justifiable outcome of thinking about religion in accord with the principles of logical argument is (genuine) agnosticism, i.e., by applying such methods it is genuinely impossible to determine whether or not God exists to a logical certainty.

What epistemological basis could agnosticism have that wouldn't also require (for consistency) that one be 'agnostic' about alien abduction, bigfoot, the second shooter in the JFK assassination, Creationism and even Velikovsky and von Daniken?

-- William T Goodall Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/

How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.