JDG wrote:

> At 04:15 PM 9/9/2004 -0700 Dave Land wrote:

> >> Cheating?   Again?
> >>
> >> And invoking hurricanes as the wrath of God?
> >
> >You politically-correct types drive me nuts.
>
> Politically correct?
>
> >PS: Like David's message, mine is intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but
> >not
> >pointless.
>
> Sorry for finding it not very funny.   A close friend of mine is an
> immigrant from Grenada.    After spending the past day praying for the
> safety of her mother, her family, and her people it was hard to see the
> humor in that post.   Its not like the post was loaded with smileys either
> - "cheat in favor of thieving morons?"

I didn't find it particularly funny, either.

A little over three years ago, a tropical storm did a real number on
Houston, and someone from California posted on-list that it was just
rewards for what the Houston energy companies did to California.  At the
time, I was worried sick about relatives and a close friend's parents,
none of whom had anything to do with the energy business, and it pissed
me off.  And I blew up over it.  (To say nothing of what happened at
various hospitals -- what had the babies in the NICU that lost power to
do with anything deserving of punishment or retribution?)

Every time there's a disaster like this, sure, maybe there are some
folks who deserve it -- but those least at fault are the hardest hit,
and if there's any sort of justice, a weather system isn't an efficient
way of distributing it....

        Julia

who is voting for tragic coincidence