----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: Br!n: some thoughts and quotes.

> Dan Minette wrote:
> > BTW, the upper class Republicans around me, tend to believe that
> poor
> > people are that way because they don't have as much gumption as
> > themselves. If those folks were to have worked as hard as oneself,
> > then they wouldn't be poor.  >
> LOL.....It is never true.

My indefinate specific was not communicated properly.

"That's not always true"

referred to the entire statement:

<quote>
BTW, the upper class Republicans around me, tend to believe that
poor people are that way because they don't have as much gumption as
themselves. If those folks were to have worked as hard as oneself,
then they wouldn't be poor.
<end quote>

not

"If those folks were to have worked as hard as oneself,
then they wouldn't be poor."

I did not mean to indicate that the latter statement was usually, but not
always, true.  I was saying that the Republicans around me usually, but not
always believe it to be true.

Dan M.