On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:33:14PM -0700, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

> No; I think it's rude to assume that the entire world will sit quietly
> at your lotus-flower feet and play rapt attention as dulcet strains
> of truth fall like gems from your ruby lips, carefully taking note of
> every jewel of absolute truth you care to condescend to deposit before
> our unworthy snouts.

Ah, then I'm not rude by your standards.

> I also think it's rude to offer advice on a topic and, when asked
> for further information, to behave as though you've been massively
> inconvenienced, your attention diverted from other matters of much
> greater moment than continuing a discussion in which you did not,
> strictly speaking, have to participate from the beginning.

You are rather prone to exaggeration, aren't you?

> (Which response do *you* believe is the greater waste of time? Do you
> have a keystroke counter?

Yours, mostly -- just about everything you write, in fact. Periodically,
I may explain myself as I have done in this thread, so that discussions
may improve in the future. If it becomes clear that that won't be the
case, as it has, then I tend not to reply to that person for a while
until I decide to try again.

> Not in general. At least, I never had any ex complain. I've just
> observed, casually, that people who feel it necessary to behave in a
> consistently bully-like fashion online were usually the saddest, most
> tortured kids in high school.

Good psychoanalytical theory. Almost as good as everything being the
result of one's relationship with their mother. I'll leave you to your
psychoanalysis.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/