On Jan 19, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

I have a hard time believing this administration's claims of crisis, since I now think they misused it to raise support for the war.

This is another sticking point for me too. I simply don't think Bush II has any credibility at all. They tweaked data and very probably lied about Iraq, Duh-bya has plain let Osama escape scot free -- which you know would have had conservatives calling for Clinton's impeachment, had it happened on his watch, and which I personally consider to be treason -- and his entire administration's behavior is rife with deflection, subterfuge and half-truths.

From Fleischer claiming in 2000 that Clinton's people had vandalized the White House (not a single shed of evidence ever surfaced to support that claim) to the way casualty stats are nearly impossible to pin down with accuracy in re Iraq, there is zero transparency in Bush II and absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe ANY statement they make about anything.

I have as much confidence that SS is in crisis as I did that Iraq had nonconventional weapons (I never believed that story either).

If a Bush II spokesperson held a press conference today claiming the sky was blue, I'd have to look out the window to double-check.

The administration is rife with lies and liars.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf