At 09:24 PM Wednesday 5/11/2005, Robert Seeberger wrote:
Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
> At 12:07 PM Wednesday 5/11/2005, Nick Arnett wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:23:08 -0700 (PDT), Gautam Mukunda wrote
>>
>>> Ah, the _perfect_ leftist stance.  I have no idea what
>>> to do, but I know that you're wrong, so that makes me
>>> better than you,
>>
>> Are you sure that those who criticize your ideas only care about
>> feeling "superior," not about other people, the millions of human
>> beings caught in oppression, violence and poverty?  Do you feel
>> inferior?
>

> No.
>
> I just wonder what can be done to solve the plight of those millions
> of human beings, and so far haven't heard much in the way of
> suggestions on how to save them, or an argument that the status quo
> is somehow the best of all possible scenarios and anything anyone
> does will only lead to more death and suffering.

Who made America responsible for all the suffering in the world?

Most of the rest of the world and a good number of Americans . . .in that they believe that America either caused it, should provide all or virtually all of the money (and troops if applicable) to fix it, or both . . .

My question was not a suggestion that I hold America responsible for all, or even most, of the suffering in the world. I just don't like to see suffering, and wonder if there's anything that anyone can do to help. And I realize that the answer may indeed be "No, there isn't." Or that the answer may be "Yes, but those who have the will to do something to help don't have sufficient resources to relieve all the suffering in the world." Or "Yes, but there are some who don't want anyone who is a position to do something to do something — usually America, because, face it, we do have more resources available to do something about _____ (insert problem of your choice) than any other country in the world — to do what needs to be done."
Or maybe they just plain don't like the idea of it being done America's way because "America is the Great Satan whose fashions and movies are corrupting our youth and turning them away from our traditional way of life." Or . . .

-- Ronn! :)