On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 03:04:43 +0100, William T Goodall wrote

> One instance would be an anecdote. Establishing a pattern of
> behaviour from many instances isn't. If religion is so good why is
> it  so bad?

Religion isn't good per se.  But a critical piece of my religion and many
others is a belief that God is good.

For me, this is like saying that democracy is good, but that doesn't
automatically make democratic nations good or right.

I am not religious because I believe that everything religion does is good. I
support it because I believe it it can yield a kind of goodness and truth that
aren't available from other kinds of sources.

Similarly, I don't support democracy out of any belief that it is always
right.  I support because I believe it because it deals with human nature in a
way that creates good lilving conditions and opportunities for people.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]