On 7/10/05, KZK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://www.cathnews.com/news/507/56.php
>
> The influential Cardinal Christoph Schönborn of Vienna has suggested
> that belief in evolution as accepted by science today may be
> incompatible with Catholic faith.

This disagrees with previous Catholic Church doctrine regarding evolution.

For decades children going to Catholic School had been taught there is
no incompatibility between Darwin and Church teachings. A new
conservative Pope and now Cardinals following the lead of Protestant
fundamentalists - are we headed for a new "mildly Darkish Age" -
trying to head off another long exchange about the degree of darkness
the last one was?

--
Gary Denton
http://www.apollocon.org  June 23-25, 2006