On Aug 16, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

What I would ask also is, has the anti-war movement no
sense of decency, using this poor woman as a prop in
its attempts to attack the President?  How do you feel
rallying to someone supported by David Duke
(http://www.davidduke.com/index_print.php?p=350) - it
seems to me that people willing to exploit a poor,
bereaved woman as she lashes out to assuage her grief
should be comfortable in his company.

That's also pathetic, Gautam -- or are you happy rallying behind a president supported by a porn star?

By this logic, you are on the side of the rednecks who decided to "protest" Sheehan by destroying some of the crosses left near her vigil point (vandalism is illegal, last time I checked), and clearly are on the side of "hunters" who fire off *shotguns* in an attempt to intimidate American citizens who have PEACEABLY ASSEMBLED to protest something (in many parts of the US it's illegal do discharge a firearm within 1/4 mile of a public right-of-way), *and* who have made it clear they're not at all happy about their fellow citizens EXERCISING THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

If we apply your "Duke" illogic to you, we find that you're speaking out in support of vandals, criminals, bullies and those who would suppress the rights of others, in much the same way that certain Iraqi leaders used to.

So if you're going to play the "whose side are you on" game, there's plenty of muck to lob in *both* directions.

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
http://books.nightwares.com/