On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:54 PM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

--- Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:28 PM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

--- Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am not picking a fight with you, but what is
the
basis of this claim?

My question remains unanswered.

If you insist on ignoring my point, I cannot help you.

Yet you try. Thanks.

My point is that it is somewhere between unlikely and
impossible for a DepSec to be a major player in the
decision to go to war.

OK. I get your point.

He's much, much less
important than the people who _actually made the
decision_.  None of whom were Jewish.

You forgot to say "nudge, nudge."

It was
convenient for some war opponents to create a Jewish
conspiracy.  As Hitchens said, it's pretty obvious
what's going on.  http://www.slate.com/id/2084147

Here, you introduce documentary evidence that the
conclusion you introduced earlier exists elsewhere.

But, in the end, he was _only a deputy secretary_.
It's implausible, to put it mildly, that he was the
crucial figure in the decision.

Which was your point, the rest being more statements
of your conclusion.