On 1/13/06, Robert Seeberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think you can make a good argument that the terrorists have won
> ~something~.
> They have caused us to volunteer to give up some freedom and
> convenience. If *I* have to be searched to travel from Houston to
> Memphis or Atlanta, then we have given up something. And I don't think
> this exact method of protection has actually made us safer than some
> less rigorous method would or could....... Unless one considers Mrs.
> Smith from Peoria to be a serious threat.
>

> xponent
> Fragile Maru
> rob

I would argue that what they've won is a ~trillion dollar unnecessary
military expenditure (even if you discount Stiglitz's estimate solely
for the Iraq War, I'd say lumping in homeland security expenditures
for the War on Terror and the costs of Afghanistan definitely bump the
total cost of 9/11 up to one trill, easy).

One hell of a bang for their buck.

~Maru