> From: Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> The Fool wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any way to recover the HD for Windows XP without F&R?
> >
> > Did you try using chkdsk.exe?
>
> Yes, but it was useless, like any other Windows XP resident
> (evil) tool. They either repeat the meaningless error message,
> or recomend F&R.
>
> I will[*] try using Linux tools like dosfsck - the HD is still
> usable for Linux, so probably Linux can fix it without loss
> of data.
>
> Alberto Monteiro
>
> [*] the home computer has the problem, and I am using the
> work computer.

Is the HD partition FAT, Fat32, NTFS or other?

And shouldn't you be ysung Windows 2000 or win98SE for your 'game
computer'?  XP adds nothing but heartache and errors to a game-machine.

You should always keep your data (games, programs, etc.) on a different
partition (or hard disk) than your OS.

If you can access your data in linux, move it to a different partition,
and reinstall (this time windows 2000).