The Fool wrote:

>> But NTFS is not visible to Linux.
>
> I'm _sure_ there are versions of programs in specific linux distros
> that do understand NTFS.
>
> Ask some of the more serious linux gurus to help you (I'm sure
> there's a newsgroup that can help you set it up right).

Now you force me to do a little Linux bashing :-)

My experience with Linux has some moments of frustration, because
it seems that 80% of packages don't work. Specifically, after
I have a working distro, then 80% of the new stuff I want to add
has severe bugs that make them (it?) incompatible.

Also, I never found a newsgroup with gurus that could help me.
All my problems were analysed, solutions were proposed, but
they seldom worked.

So I won't even try to see NTFS in Linux. Even much simpler
things, like glpk or tux racer, don't work.

End of Linux bashing - OTOH, the things that work are really
great, with many possibilities for intelligent design [oops...]
and learning.

Right now, my hobby has been learning perl. It's frustrating,
because I know so many different languages that learning a
new one gives little pleasure - there's no psychological reward
for learning a difficult thing :-)

Maybe I should challenge myself to _teach_ perl to my kids...

Alberto Monteiro