On 3 Sep 2006 at 23:30, maru dubshinki wrote:

> Could you elaborate on this? I'm kind of curious since I don't think
> computer building has been discussed on list, and I've been
> contemplating building a PC for some time now (following the template

Not really - it's a catch 22, I'm not buying anything for probably a
year despite the fact my PC is aging because a lot depends on which
platform the tools I use continue on (DX9 or DX10/Vista) and the
first generation DX10 cards this Christmas are NOT going to be
useable for a lot of DX10 functions in actual speed so that's not a
consideration and it'll be summer at the earliest for the second gen
ones which will be useful.

In an ideal world the tools I'd use would go to OpenGL2, but they
won't because of creator preferences and priorities.

AndrewC
Dawn Falcon