Ronn! Blankenship wrote:

>> There is a _Senate_ for Alabama? Two legislative bodies
>> for each state?
>>
>> (I hope br politicians never hear about this...)
>
> Every state in the USA except iirc Nebraska has a bicameral
> legislature modeled upon the national one.  Again iirc Nebraska
> calls its unicameral legislative body the state Senate.
>
> (I say "iirc" because that's what I remember learning some years
> ago.  I suppose they could have changed since then without informing

What is the logic behind that? Here in Brazil, the "logic" for
the existence of the Senate is that Senators represent the state,
while the Deputies represent the electors. I can't see why this
would apply to a state. Does every county elect a state-Senator
that represents the county?

Maybe the logic is just giving politicians new jobs...

Alberto Monteiro