Robert Seeberger wrote:
> [...]

That's been some of my experience too, but for somewhat different
reasons.  (Our major mega-churches are all mostly-WASPs, to my
knowledge.)  I have several black friends and acquaintances (I don't
know any better way to say that without sounding like Colbert...) that
are "well standing" (good education, reasonable income) that go out of
there way (30-minute commutes, what have you) to go to
mostly-black/mostly-poor neighborhoods for church services.  I have a
lot of respect for that as there seems to be a genuine feeling of
wanting to stay rooted/grounded in the community (and problems and
hopes) of their "family" and further putting their money to good use in
a community that they know.  One of the few places where I feel that
religion actually is serving some sort of good...

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/