On 9/19/07, Martin Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >  Assuming that this exchange took place in the hallway -- that is, in
> > private -- would you then return to the dinner party and tell everyone
> what
> > Dave had said to you in the hallway?

As a dinner guest, if either of you brought your troubles back into the
party.  It's a party, fer cryin' out loud.  Just move away from the people
you don't get along with.

It would be different if we were talking about Congress or some such body.
In that case, we can follow the vice president's example and tell each other
to... be fruitful and multiply, but not in those words... in front of, well,
everybody.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett