BTW - when you talk about people working longer, don't assume we are all
leaving the work force early because we want to. While firing people because of
their age is illegal in the United States, giving them poor performance
reviews, making their lives miserable, etc can be done and often is. Older
workers are expensive, too independent, represent roadblocks in the path of the
younger generation - and BTW, if the organization can get them out before
they're fully vested, it can save itself a ton of money.

Bin there dun that, made it to being vested just barely, with the help of a
staff advocate - who was later transferred to a position where she could do
less harm or good.

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/