So I have two simple questions for you.  What do you think the odds of such a
collapse occurring are?  1%  5%?  Whatever number you pick - what do you think
should be done to lessen that risk?  Nothing?  If so, do you not buy health
insurance?

Best,
Gautam

I hate replying to m own post, but I had a good idea.  Do you know what
iatrogenic errors are?  They're mistakes by doctors that cause harm to
patients.  Iatrogenic errors are among the leading causes of death in the
United States - I'm not sure, but I think they might actually be the leading
cause of death.  Does that mean that you should never go to a doctor?  After
all, sometimes people get better on their own.  Sometimes cancer goes into
spontaneous remission.  And unlike most of the people involved in this debate,
doctors have a financial incentive to treat you unnecessarily!  So does that
mean you should never go to a doctor?  Of course not.  When you're sick you
need to listen to your doctor.  You shouldn't listen blindly, but it's probably
not a good idea to ignore them completely either.

Gautam