I might, or might not.  Choosing someone for a public office based on
their gender/religion/ethnicity first and their qualifications second
is as offensive to me in the case of choosing "a qualified Hispanic
woman" as it is "a qualified white man".  (I'm willing to make an
exception in the case of challenging a previously unchallenged
stereotype and not enabling a historical hysteria about it, but this
in particular doesn't seem to qualify.)