----- Original Message -----
From: "John Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs (David Brin et al) Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: Health Care (the same damn topic all f-ing week!~)

> Bruce Bostwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>> I dropped out of most of these when one
>> conversation reached the point of suggesting that government
>> regulation, and not the 1920's equivalent of particularly clueless day
>> traders, caused the Great Depression.
>
> I don't blame you. It can be devastating to find that one's faith in
> political
> gods was misplaced. Denial is human nature.

I don't recall anyone on the list suggesting that democracy is godlike in
its effectiveness.
I think and I imagine most others on the list would agree that democracy is
flawed, but that it is at least marginally beter than most if not all of the
other alternatives, and certainly better than anarchy.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a better political system?

Regards,

Wayne Eddy