On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Jon Louis Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the economic boom due to unregulated greed has turned into an exploded bomb -
> no longer ticking...

I like what Tom Evslin had to say about this at http://budurl.com/ejfz:

    This correction from excess has been violent and in many ways
    harmful but it HAS cured many of the excesses; the goal
    shouldn't be to reestablish them. We don't want housing prices
    to boom out of reach again; we don't want oil prices to go up or
    credit to be extended promiscuously; we don't want a banking
    economy based on the third derivative of valueless debt. We need
    to be wary of those crying "crisis" because they have a solution
    to sell. We've already gone too far in pouring aid in at the top
    of the financial system hoping (to put a good light on it) that
    it'll trickle down.

    We will need to cushion some of the pain at the bottom of the
    economic heap; there'll be more need for unemployment insurance
    before there's less. We can't afford to let starved states cut
    back on infrastructure projects both for the sake of the
    infrastructure and for the sake of the economy. But we also want
    the excesses that have been corrected stay corrected – at least
    until the next bubble.

"We also want the excesses that have been corrected to stay
corrected." A nice dream.

Dave