On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM, John Williams <jwilliams4...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  But I am
> not my brother's keeper.

Seems odd that you would would say that, given that when Cain said, "Am I my
brother's keeper?" he had just murdered his brother to steal his
inheritance.

I thought you were *against *the taking of other peoples' property by
force?  There is hardly a more enduring and powerful story of theft by
force, deadly force.

Taking more than one legitimate inheritance does seem totally consistent
with libertarian attitudes.  But theft is wrong, as you have pointed out so
many times.  Theft by murder is even more wrong than theft alone.  I'm just
not sure this story is helping your argument that there's some sort of
morality in libertarianism.

Murdering your brother to get his inheritance is arguably little different
from letting him die, through lousy health care, to get it.

Nick