On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Doug Pensinger<brig...@zo.com> wrote:

> Or you could make it sound like the situation was overblown and
> convince people that they were just trying to make heroes of
> themselves.

The point is, because of his actions, we do not know and cannot know.
Considering the vast amounts of other people's money that he has spent
and the great moral hazard that he has created, the responsible thing
to have done would have been to have carefully studied the situation,
looking at what would actually happen, while simultaneously preparing
contingency plans it case intervention was deemed necessary after
careful study.