John Williams wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM, David Hobby<hob...@newpaltz.edu> wrote:

Yes.  It's a dishonest way to refer to it, since
you admit that taxation is in principle justified.

Calling a spade a spade is not dishonest. And I did not "admit that
taxation is in principle justified". Telling me how to express myself
is not a way to have a productive discussion.

It is too dishonest, since you said:
No, I do not propose that the US should abolish all taxes, and I have
written that here before.

I am still reading that as "taxation is in principle justified".
Why are you singling out taxes paid for health care as "taking
my money"?  Anybody could say that about any government spending,
so it's meaningless.

Arguing fairly and honestly is the way to have a discussion
with me.

                                        ---David