> > I'm no Michael Moore fan and I haven't read or
> heard anything that
> > indicates the above is true, but as Erik states, I
> have seen a poorly
> > managed occupation actually result in the death
> and maiming of
> thousands
> > of our people.  How many kids had to die because
> they didn't have body
> > armor or their vehicles were inadequately armored,
> for instance?
>
> And since they've only spent 2% [*] of the money
> congress gave them, and
> they _still_ haven't procured body armor and vehicle
> armor (and are even
> rejecting flack jacket donations from police
> officers)...

Fool, try to keep your posts topical. The previous
poster was complaining about equipment to US MILITARY
PERSONNEL, including Interceptor body armor, reactive
armor for the Bradley, and armor rails for the Stryker
(which are ridiculous and further hinders an already
mediocre vehicle). Donated Police vests would be
completely unsuitable for US troops and actually LESS
capable than the older style Kevlar body armor. Any
cursory analysis would indicate this. The article did
not discuss this problem.

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: