----------
> From: Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> --- Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Gautam, Michael Moore is hardly the official
> > spokesperson of ALL people who identify themselves
> > as
> > Democrats, and it would be disingenious to do so, as
> > well as unfair. I have publically railed against his
> > bit of propoganda on other lists, and would be happy
> > to do so here. I identify myself as a "democrat"
> > (but
> > never a "leftist, rightist, upist, downist, etc")
> > and
> > I hardly feel his propodocumentary to be anything
> > BUT
> > biased and manipulative.
> >
> > Damon.
>
> Well, here's the problem.  In the Washington DC
> premiere of Fahrenheit 9/11, more than half the
> Democratic members of the Senate showed up to cheer
> Moore on.  That's _not_ okay.  Not even a tiny bit.
> It's symptomatic of the attitude of a lot of people on
> this list.  James Lileks said it best - they were
> perturbed by 9/11 but enraged by George Bush.  I wash
> my hands of them.  I'm done.

I'd be willing to bet that more than half of congressional reptiliklans
support Falwell and Robertson--You know know the two jeebofascists who
said:

"
"God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to
give us probably what we deserve," said Falwell, appearing yesterday on
the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club," hosted by Robertson.

"Jerry, that's my feeling," Robertson responded. "I think we've just seen
the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do
to the major population."

Falwell said the American Civil Liberties Union has "got to take a lot of
blame for this," again winning Robertson's agreement: "Well, yes."

Then Falwell broadened his blast to include the federal courts and others
who he said were "throwing God out of the public square." He added: "The
abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not
be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make
God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the
feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make
that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way --
all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in
their face and say, 'You helped this happen.' "
" - Washington Post

which is _*TEN*_ times as malicious as anything Michael Moore has ever
said.