Hello,

This might sound a bit pathetic, but if we bring 14 players to camp at Nationals for 2 nights, it will end up costing us £285 to enter the team (if my maths is right)!  Sounds like a lot to me.  It's almost 3 times what we paid to enter Tour 3 at the reduced student rate.

I'm sure the facilities will be really good (apparently Chelsea train there) and at £5 a night I'd expect top quality camping facilities, but I don't really want to pay so much to enter a tournament.

I will pay it, as we all will, but is there any sort of guidelines for this?  Is there a limit to what profit TD's can make from a tournament?  Is there any sort of audit as to where the money is being spent?  Am I missing something really obvious and making a tit of myself (probably)?

Well done to Jo for coming in with a saving bid, but I don't like to think I'm being taken advantage of.

Sorry for the rant!

Ernie, Marty McFly #11

PS. Having a select committee decide the outcome of the tour is definitely the way to go.  We all had our say when we voted for the board, and they seem to be going along with what they said they'd do.  Another key aspect of the expansion of Ultimate is that we will have to leave more and more decisions to the guys at the top (organisationally, not top teams).