From: "John Paul Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [BD] Nationals cost
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:06h

Hello,

This might sound a bit pathetic, but if we bring 14 players to camp at Nationals for 2
nights, it will end up costing us £285 to enter the team (if my maths is right)!
Sounds like a lot to me.  It's almost 3 times what we paid to enter Tour 3 at the
reduced student rate.

I'm sure the facilities will be really good (apparently Chelsea train there) and at £5
a night I'd expect top quality camping facilities, but I don't really want to pay so
much to enter a tournament.

I will pay it, as we all will, but is there any sort of guidelines for this?  Is there
a limit to what profit TD's can make from a tournament?  Is there any sort of audit as
to where the money is being spent?  Am I missing something really obvious and making a
tit of myself (probably)?

Well done to Jo for coming in with a saving bid, but I don't like to think I'm being
taken advantage of.

Sorry for the rant!

- Get an SMS alert to your mobile every time you get an email. That's ANY mobile
phone. Register for FREE with t-email at www.t-email.co.uk to access your email and
contacts via web and WAP -