I agree that the seedings could take into account the overall tour result as well as the nationals, but not preseason results.

  This is because some teams (sheffield steal included) didn't put out
  full teams (or any teams- Leeds and Chevron) at winter league.  Winter
  League should be a seperate entity to Tours and if it is not we should
  be told that it will affect our seedings in advance so teams that
  wanted to could try harder.
  Teams are changing less and less each year so it is becoming easier to
  seed them from the previous year's results.
  Stu
Steal #02

  Batchelor'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <britdisc@near.me.uk>
  >Subject: RE: [BD] Seedings >Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:29:13 +0100 >
  >BD, > >I am worried that very little effort has been put into the
  seedings for Tour >1. > >Why do we base the seedings for Tour 1 on
  Nationals from the previous year? >Why are they not based on the final
  tour standings from the previous year or >a combination of the Tour
  and nationals final standings? Wouldn't >information from 4 or 5
  events be a more accurate system to use? > >Also why is it that we
  refuse to use preseason results when considering >seedings for Tour 1?
  If you look at the results from various winter leagues >and the
  charity shield it seems like there are likely some huge mistakes in
  >the seedings. > >For instance Discuits finished 3rd overall at LWL
  behind Clapham and Haze >(who as I understand it form the core of EMO
  for the Tour) and ahead of LTD >and Brighton. They lost every game to
  Clapham, beat Haze once out of three >split the series against Ltd 2-2
  and beat Brighton two or three times. At >the Charity Shield Discuits
  beat Ltd and Sheffield Steal, finished behind >Brighton but never
  played them. Doesn't that tell you that Discuits should >be seeded
  somewhere in the A tour ahead of Steal, near to Ltd and behind >EMO? >
  >Similarly Flyght Club finished the Midland winter league behind,
  Boogie >Nights , UTB, and Lord of the ring. So why is it that Flyght
  Club are seeded >14th in the A tour while UTB are 17th, Lord of the
  ring 23rd and Boogie >Nights 47th? > >Why are Fire 2 not seeded higher
  after their strong performance at Charity >Shield? > >Etc. etc. > >It
  seems to be that the quirky formats that we use only work well if the
  >seedings are fairly good. Is it really right that despite finishing
  8th in >the tour in 2004 and 4th at charity shield (and ahead of Ltd
  and Brighton) >that Fire should be seeded 12th and have Clapham 1 as
  their crossover to >make top 6? Is it really right that there are so
  many under seeded >potentially teams in the B tour yet only two can
  get promoted each time? >With unlucky initial seedings it can take
  several tours for an A tour >calibre team to actually get promoted as
  they can lose to other A tour >calibre teams in the quarters or semis
  of the B tour. > >The old tour format never had any problems with
  promotion and relegation >from the top 16. The entire point of
  splitting the tour was to allow better >smaller venues to be used for
  separate events. However since the split every >single A&B tour event
  has been at the same venue. Given that we still have >these large
  venues why are do we still have to play the inferior format of >the
  split A&B tours when we clearly have the pitch time to run the old
  >format that gives four crossover games into the top 16. > >With a
  little bit of time and a little bit of imagination we could get
  >better seedings and use a format that works for all the teams and not
  just >those in the top 8. Why don't we do it? > >JP > > > > > > >
  -----Original Message----- > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]