Jamie,

> Why should we reply to you privately? Are you really appointing yourself
> as
> some sort of Tour Structure Tsar? Last year when the A-Tour format was
> changed, it was to "the people's choice of structure", and yet 12 months
> later people are complaining again!

Why to me privately? Because I'd like the information and I imagine that at
least 50% of Britdisc don't want to see the individual replies. From the
of people willing to discuss and think about these issues instead of putting
it off for another year.

> How are people supposed to give you non-reactionary answers at this stage
> of
> the season? What if the answer from the B-Tour players is "we want 90
> minute
> games plus cap" - you cannot actually offer them that this year!!

I hope people are intelligent enough to think about the problem and give
reasoned answers. It was managed last years so why not think about it again.

> When the intention is for split venues next year, why don't we wait until
> bids have been accepted so we know how mnay pitches are available and then
> offer some alternatives.

Great but this was the intention this year too right? Now I assumed that in
the event of a joint venue being chosen that the UKUA and/or the TD's would
restrict entry so that a good quality of tournament could be given to all
teams (as in the Tour Waiting list described by Wayne). However to my and
other people's disappointment this didn't happen. For two tours we have
tried to cram too many teams into too few pitches and the result has been a
sub standard amount of pitch time for the B and Women's tours and tough
scheduling for the A tour. (Tom - until the tournaments were underway we had
no way of knowing that this was happening so there really is no more
appropriate time to comment.)

> Why have you asked 5 questions to B-Tour teams, but three to A-Tour and
> Women's Tour? Are you actually genuinely interested in everyone, or merely
> what's best for your team (like seeding them in the A-Tour!!).

Ha Ha. Your team gets to play 90 minute games on the nicest pitches and
you're complaining that I didn't ask the same number of questions of the A,
B & Women's teams. Glad to have given you something real to complain about.
I'd have thought the answer to you question was pretty obvious: q5 to the B
tour doesn't apply to the A or women's tours (which will and should be 16 &
8 teams all season). Similarly q4 to the B tour is already answered for the
A tour teams (no) and I imagine the answer would be yes for all women's
teams.

If you're feeling really left out here are a few more questions for you:

A tour teams
4. What letter does you team name start with?
5. What letter does you team name finish with?

JP