Why is it ok for some B Tour teams, and less important for those teams that don't make the A-Tour semis? If you want to raise the issue of professionalism, how about everybody being offside when the pull goes up, or NOBODY knowing all the rules, or everbody taking too long between points, or everybody standing/leaving their kit/bags/chairs next to the sideline, or standing infront of the scoreboard, or having a beer/spliff inbetween games, or faking the other teams signature on the score sheet, or not paying the entry fee by the deadline (or it getting 'lost' in the post!!) etc etc etc We're not professional, and we sure as hell don't act like it. One or two players wearing the wrong shirt is not a big deal. Let the UKUA concentrate on the big picture, or stand for election as "Director with responsibility for kit". ;) Jaimie Jon Palmer writes:
BD,
Tour 3 was the first time I've played the A tour this season. I was appalled
at the number of teams playing the A tour that weren't wearing matching kit
in accordance with the Tour rules: http://www.ukultimate.com/open/tour_rules.aspx#Kit
We can probably agree to cut some teams in the B tour some slack but teams
in the A tour? Teams playing in the semis and finals of what is supposed to
be the UKUA's showcase events? Does the UKUA intend on enforcing the kit
rules or are the there purely for show?
Many people, myself included, had family and friends spectating at Tour 3.
It's embarrassing to our sport that we can not present our selves in a
professional way. If we are serious about promoting our sport and growing it
to its full potential then we must make sure to get our image right. Teams
being lazy about their kit isn't good enough. Spectators and staff at the
venues notice these things, we post photos of events online for the world to
see. Our image is important, let's do better at Tour 4 and Nationals.
JP