On Sunday 19 October 2008 05:15:56 am Rob Landley wrote:
> On Saturday 18 October 2008 14:27:34 Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > >     They are neither very fast nor very precise (the
> > >   trigonometric functions are awful, up to 16 bits are
> > >   false)
> >
> > We use trigonometry in bb? wow. where?
>
> CONFIG_FEATURE_AWK_MATH, which already has a big warning that it requires
> libm.

Thanks Rob.

I checked, only this option and dc applet seem to be the things
needing libm on my machine. dc has no analogous CONFIG_FEATURE_DC_MATH.

Will it satisfy you Loïc if we will rename CONFIG_FEATURE_AWK_MATH
to CONFIG_FEATURE_AWK_LIBM (or ..._MATH_LIB, taking into account
newbie user's needs) to indicate more clearly that this option
will pull in libm, and add CONFIG_FEATURE_DC_LIBM too?

Whoever doesn't want to link against libm is very likely
to not require these awk/dc features, so [s]he will
just unselect these two options.
--
vda