Hi Laszlo !

>That is the fourth solution I see now in a raw... after Yocto,
>Buildroot and OpenWrt...
>
>This is what I was referring to. It is inconsistent across
>projects. :)
>
>That being said, it seems that Harald is objecting to this
>heavily for some reason (may be miscommunication between us).

I told you, it's not wrong to find a common solution, but
changing Busybox binary for this seams to be the wrong place.
Find a way to provide a script that may be used by all those
projects. Not every modification needs to affect the main BB
binary.

As a kind of miscommunication it looks to me you do not really
know how much code it requires to let a daemon reread it's config
when things change ... and config file support without rereading
makes no sense, as you can set all parameters on the command
line and script may acquire the configured options in so many
comfortable ways (not increasing BB binary size).

--
Harald