On 3/18/2014 3:09 PM, Mike Dean wrote:
Helping them with this usually results in grumbling about it being overcomplicated to perform what should be such a simple task.

IMHO, the plethora of unix config file syntaxes are much harder to learn than reading a quick manpage (or --help in this case) of the tool you want to run. Where are they going to learn the syntax? Your documentation? Random Internet documentation for the real ntpd? The man page for the real ntp.conf is 1700 lines long!